Search This Blog

Thursday 21 June 2007

Indian Fabrics

There's a charity shop I wanted to visit but every time I go past they're closed. Today, yippee, they were open and it's choc-a-bloc with beautiful Indian sari fabrics - I got the most beautiful pieces with lots of glitter and beads for £1 each. Of course, I have to just look at them until I get some painting done but they're lighting up my room with gorgeous bright colours.



Now then, I was suffering with the bare canvas/paper syndrome and feeling very uninspired. But I read somewhere to get a piece of paper and make random marks on it with paint, wax, pencils, not really thinking about what's going on - letting the paint run together and I had a whale of a time!! The colours are bold (reminding me of those Indian fabrics) and it has definitely freed me up and ready to paint for real. So, after dinner, I'm getting started....



No comments:

Post a Comment