Search This Blog

Sunday 13 February 2011

Working at the Canvas

I've been quiet because I've been painting that big canvas and it still intimidates me. I really should be more confident with myself as when working with acrylics and I'm not happy with something, I just gesso it and start again - it's such a life-saver!!

But it's now taking shape and I can see how to proceed - I much prefer blurred lines so straight edges can bother me. But I'm solving it bit by bit. I still have  a few weeks before the exhibition so I should be able to get it finished.

I don't know what's going on but the technology goblin seems to have taken up residence. Here's a list of appliances that I've had to replace in the last few months:

mobile phone
landline phone
printer
computer
radio

ipod's acting up but not sorted yet
no electricity for 3 hours on Friday

and I'm sure I've forgotten something! Enough now please!!!!

But I'm a born optimist and my bottle always half full!

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't rain , but it snows!
    Looking forward to the finished canvas.
    Thanks for your kind comment about my hand!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete