I've been having trouble with two parts of a painting which have been invading my thoughts relentlessly. Bit by bit, literally, I've found my way and it all boiled down to the detail which was missing. I like a sort of messy undefined style of painting but this time it needed some definition. But how to merge the two was bugging me a lot.
When I got up this morning and knowing I wouldn't have to do anything else, I got stuck in - I'm so happy that the problems are resolved and have only to add a couple of little touches and it's finished. Then the sealer goes on and as soon as it's dry, I'll post a photo.
I'm not sure that I'll paint such a large format again as the table in my art room was just big enough to lay the canvas on, so getting to the top wasn't easy and I can't work upside down!!