Search This Blog

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Painted Insights - Victoria Crowe

Today I went to see an exhibition by Victoria Crowe at the Scottish Gallery - it was inspiring and exciting. She paints exquisitely with such delicacy and almost mysterious treatment - she lives in Venice 3 months of the year and you can see the influence of the Renaissance art coming to life in her work.

Seemingly, at the preview people were jostling each other and rushing to buy her paintings and in fact most of the exhibition is already sold. She really is a phenomenon. I was chuffed to have her dedicate my exhibition book.




2 comments:

  1. yes indeed I will have to google her and check out more work!!! grazie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caterina, her colour sense is astounding, and I love the way she paints and then rubs away some of it!

    ReplyDelete