Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 July 2008

Last of my samples

I think that the samples I made at the Stitched Textiles course will lead me down some interesting paths. This first piece is the usual  mixture of stamping and Markal paintsticks. I thought I'd rip it into 2 but when I saw that the colours blue and yellow made a nice shade of green and linked it all together. I machined some of it but it's not easy to see in the picture. And finally I made some rosettes with velvet and a sheer fabric, and sewed on some beautiful wool that I found in a charity shop (measures 12x12").Rosettes


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


The next two were little pieces I made with limited time on the last day.Sprig1



Shoe1








And the "piece de risistance" is an image transfer which was quick and perfect (the first timen I've had such success)Imagetransfer



No comments:

Post a Comment