Search This Blog

Monday 21 July 2008

A few more samples in textiles

This is a piece of cotton backed frosted material, I drew the design of roses using disperse dye and then some FME and French knots (measures 5x8.5").FME roses


































This next sample is a design rubbed on with Markal paintsticks over a plastic grid then using Bondaweb I adhered a piece of sheer fabric and then silk tops. I finished it off by hand stitching a number of straight lines following the grid (measures 12x10").Silktops1




















I think the next piece is my favourite. Cotton printed with an Indian block and then various sheers wer stitched over it. Some of the design was stitched with FME and vintage laces were applied (measures 11x8").Indianblock1



No comments:

Post a Comment