Search This Blog

Sunday 13 July 2008

Gustav Klimt

This year the European City of Culture is Liverpool, and as part of their celebrations they have an exhibition of Klimt's work. So I went down for a couple of days with my friend Annie and we had a wonderful time. I'd seen the more important of Klimt's paintings years ago in Vienna and I was moved to tears by the sheer beauty and brilliance of it. This time was great too and there were different pieces on show including his sketches and it was interesting to see how he went about the painting - a few of his unfinished paintings were on show and although they were sketched roughly, he seemed to work indepth on the faces first.


I needed a couple of days to recover though, not used to all that walking LOL.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, you're very lucky! I would just LOVE to see his work in person! We've had a print of Der Kusse hanging over our bed since forever :)

    ReplyDelete