Search This Blog

Thursday 19 October 2006

And so to paint...

I'm in the midst of preparing for my solo art exhibition at the end of next month. So far I've finished 10 paintings, at least I think they're finished. I hang them on the wall to see if I'm satisfied but find myself tweaking here and there. That's the hard thing - to know when it's enough. I keep buying more canvases - it's like when the groceries start to run out - an empty fridge makes me depressed. And I might even use all of these blank canvases, I just need to know they're there!!



I remember years ago having a calendar which I admired - floral watercolours - and I wanted so much to paint in that style. But you know what, I now don't like that contrived keep within the lines type of art and my own 'style' has developed. I love messy art with colours running into each other and drips and blots - it's just great!!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Evie
    Haven't visited for a while and was deighted to hear about your solo show. Please tell me more! Are you publishing any of your paintings before hand or keeping them for the show? So glad your coming to the junk jewellery class. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Evie
    Haven't visited for a while and was deighted to hear about your solo show. Please tell me more! Are you publishing any of your paintings before hand or keeping them for the show? So glad your coming to the junk jewellery class. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evie, good for you. I haven't popped in lately so I didn't know about your upcoming exhibit. I have a friend over here getting ready to exhibit 50 paintings painted in 50 days! Isn't that a bit much? Keep us posted how you are coming along and best wished from across the sea. Janene

    ReplyDelete