Search This Blog

Friday 10 March 2006

Fabric art

I've been splashing paint around on fabric - one of the most enjoyable things to do. It gives me a feeling of total abandonment and I go into a kind of creative mist. I started this late last night and had to give up and go to bed 'cos the paint was still wet. So today I've been working on it some more as the colours weren't bright enough once dry. Then I did some FME (free motion embroidery) and added some beading. I really like this and have decided to make it into a wallhanging and of course the background is turquoise -- my most favourite colour. The first photo is the painting part, second is with FME, and the last shows (not very well though) the beading.P1010013a_1 P1010012a_2 P1010013a_2Seem to have a copy of one picture - sorry!!P1010009a_2



4 comments:

  1. Oooh, what fun, I just adore this. How large is it?
    Kari x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, it's 20x14" and I was just looking at it and thinking "it's not finished" - needs some kapow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mai-Liis Peacock20 March 2006 at 19:13

    It is beautiful. However, if you want "kapow", try adding to your tonal range...perhaps something real dark? Dark, reflective beads? Crystal? Silk thread? Oh, please forgive me if you did not want any ideas! Mai-Liis
    http://www.mai-liis.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. breadandcircuses7 April 2006 at 16:47

    Sorry not to have answered before but I hadn't seen your post. I'm very happy to have your ideas - was thinking of stitching on some random pieces in dark colours - thanks Mai-Liis.

    ReplyDelete