Search This Blog

Thursday 23 March 2006

been busy

I hadn't realized how long it is since I posted on my blog. I've been having fun learning my new sewing machine's wealth of stitches and functions at the touch of a button. My very old Singer will have to take a back seat, I'm afraid, and will probably only be used for 'dirty' sewing (e.g. wax and leather).



From time to time I wander round a contemporary art gallery in town and really fell in love with a painting but it was a bit pricey. But I found out that they offer "ownart" interest free payment over 10 months. So I bought it and hung it today and it's beautiful. There's a bit of shadow on the photo that I can't get rid of.Newpurchase It's quite big - 32" square.



I put a couple of my watercolours on Thethaw Tuscanyebay and this is the first time I've listed 'buy it now' instead of auction. Be interesting to see how it goes.



I also bought some large canvases much bigger than I've ever used - so that's another experiment. I prefer water based paints as they dry fast and the brushes are not a pain to clean!



3 comments:

  1. OOoooh, what fun, buying new art and good luck with your paintings.
    And, congrats on being accepted in to WWWAO!
    kari x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser you have been busy and I love these pieces they are so alive and colorful!!! awesome! hope you are well haven't heard from you so will drop a line in a bit and check on you!! big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete