Search This Blog

Wednesday 19 October 2011

The Happiness Project

I'm reading The Happiess Project by Gretchen Rubin and she writes about the satisfaction of clearing out and gaining space in the house which sometimes doesn't even get filled!! I know I've read this kind of thing before but it got me started yesterday. First I cleared out my art room and got rid of stuff I used to use but no longer need to hold onto, my love of altered art seems to have moved on.

I've tackled another mammoth task which has been bugging me for ages. I've been downloading all my CDs onto my laptop and only have about 10 to do, and they're going to the charity shop tomorrow. Why did I keep them for so long? I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I definitely feel good. And I have empty shelves - can that really be my house????

1 comment:

  1. I am having a sort of clear out too. Sadly I then go through the bin and bring it all back in again. That good feeling is amazing. Why do I punish myself so by giving it all house-room again?
    But, the pieces are collaged in a different way and look so much better.

    Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete