Search This Blog

Saturday 5 March 2011

My First Encaustic Paintings

It's taken ages to get all my equipment together - we here in the UK really are the poor cousins of the US, I can never easily find art supplies that are a bit more than oils, watrcolours and acrylics.

Today I launched into my encaustic journey and I'm hooked already. Here are my first pieces - the first has imbedded pieces of plant life which was fun to do, but I think I prefer the second one - it just seems more spontaneous.


2 comments:

  1. How interesting...differnt canvasses and different styles. I like your bright palette very much!!

    (I could not get resin, so I bought some ready mixed paint blocks. My colours are very dull by comparison, But I have not started yet. I think encaustics is all about embedding.

    Sue xx
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am particularly interested in the second piece. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete