Search This Blog

Sunday 2 May 2010

Abstract or Not

I went to a gallery/shop yesterday with some of my art hoping they'd like it and take something. The owner said that her customers like representational art and so my abstracts wouldn't appeal. Are we abstract lovers out on a limb??


And my textile artwork was TOO RETRO. I don't much like modern or cutesy. It's times like these that make me reconsider what I'm doing and why I do it, and maybe that's not a bad thing!


So today I reworked an abstract painting and made recognizable elements in it - it's not finished yet but I'll post it when it's ready.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Evie you have to love and believe in what you're creating - don't let one persons view stop you doing what you love - Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bullesdair4, the swimmer and still life 5 are my favorites, though I don't have a gallery to sell them in for you. Poo, they aren't the right fit but not everyone can be cool enough for your art, you know?
    Oh, and am I signed up for the nursery rhyme swap?

    ReplyDelete