Search This Blog

Sunday 22 January 2006

Paper and gold workshop

Yesterday, I went to a workshop which used gold and metal threads and hand-made papers to create a small design. It was a full day, but when you see the  photo you'll be thinking "is that all she did"!!! It was all hand sewn and for a sewing machine addict, that was a challenge I can tell you. And it's obviously not finished. The most interesting part was adding the paper - those little rounded pink shapes are made by rolling a strip of paper round a needle, slip it off and cut into tiny pieces -then sew them on and the other is ruched strips couched on. I've added another string to my bow but don't know how often I'll pluck it teehee.Embroidery1



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is awesome!! had to come peek and see if it was up!! very nice will have to tell me more on the process!!

    ReplyDelete